Please read the following before using your bottle. If you have questions or concerns please
e-mail us at cs@PuraStainless.com or call (805) 884-0313.
- Clean product before first use. All silicone and UNPAINTED metal components are dishwasher safe. We recommend cleaning painted metal bottles by hand using warm water, mild soap and a bottle brush.
- While cleaning nipples and spouts be careful not to damage the hole; do not turn inside out. Rinse completely with plenty of clear water.
Sterilizing Silicone Parts
- Wash and sterilize the silicone parts before first use following the instructions below. Only the SILICONE components like nipples, spouts, and sleeves can be boiled. Boil SILICONE parts for 5 minutes before first use, to ensure hygiene or use an electric sterilizer.
Sterlizing Painted Bottles
- Painted bottles can be placed in boiled water for 10 minutes AFTER THE POT IS REMOVED FROM THE HEAT AND THE WATER IS NO LONGER ACTIVELY BOILING. The bottle's painted surface can be damaged if it hits the metal sides of the pot. If using an electric sterilizer be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions. UNPAINTED bottles and metal collars can be boiled in water for 5-10 minutes to sterilize. PAINTED bottles cannot be put in actively boiling water.
- Do not touch hot bottles with your bare hands.
- Do not use microwave sterilizers as steel items cannot go in the microwave.
- Before each use clean with warm soapy water and sterilize for hygienic reasons, if desired. Use the instructions above when sterilizing.
Additional Nipple & Spout Care
- Silicone nipples and spouts should be inspected prior to each use. Pull on the teat in all directions.
- Throw away and replace every 6-8 weeks and at the first signs of damage or weakness. Do not leave a feeding teat or spout in direct sunlight or heat, or leave in sterilizing solution for longer than recommended, as this may weaken it. Pura nipples and spouts are designed for Pura Kiki bottles.
Instructions For Use
Once clean, add the desired liquid to the bottle.
Pull the nipple or spout through the metal collar
and thread the collar onto the bottle. (Do not over-tighten to allow for ventilation.) Before feeding, always check the liquid temperature by testing on your wrist. If using Pura Natural Vent Nipples™, keep the nipple vent hole up and in-line with the child's nose while feeding. The "Pura" logo on the nipple will be down, by the child's chin. This will ensure the anti-colic venting works as designed.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Under normal use, all stainless steel components are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. Dents, scratches and scuffs to the outside finish over time are normal and not cause for replacement.
Wear and tear on the paint, nipple, sippy spout, or travel cover is not covered by
Warming a Stainless Steel Bottle
Never put stainless steel bottles in the microwave.
You may follow these instructions to warm a bottle of milk:
- Use an electric bottle warmer: be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Place your stainless bottle filled with milk or other liquid to be warmed in a
pot or mug of heated water for 1-2 minutes or until the bottle is lukewarm.
- You may run hot tap water over the bottom portion of the bottle for 30 seconds.
Never give a child liquid at a temperature above 99ºF / 37ºC and, as a precaution, always test on the back of your hand before feeding.
Pura Bottles & Nipples Support Infants
Our Natural Vent Nipples™ support nursing and bottle fed babies with a shape that promotes a superior seal between baby and nipple and a flow rate that simulates and supports breast feeding.
A one-piece vent system helps prevent colic.
Milk stored in Kiki bottles is protected from exposure to light, preventing the breakdown
of important proteins and nutrients.
All Pura nipples, spouts, sealing disks and travel covers are crafted from high grade silicone. Silicone is a natural material; it does not contain any plastic, latex or BPA. You may find replacement Pura nipples and spouts at your local infant specialty store or on our web site: PuraStainless.com
Our bottles can also be used with the nipples and sip spouts from other manufacturers. Please refer to the product packaging and our web site for
You may use the bottles to store milk using Pura Kiki Silicone Sealing Disks (sold separately). When freezing, do not fill the 11oz bottle above the 8oz line or the 5oz bottle above the 4oz line. Filling the bottles beyond this point can cause the bottles to deform when the liquid expands as it freezes.
For your child's safety and health
- Always use this product with adult supervision.
- Never use feeding teats or spouts as soothers.
- Continuous and prolonged sucking of fluids will cause tooth decay.
- Always check food temperature before feeding.
- Keep all components not in use out of the reach of children.
- Babies and children should never walk or run while drinking from a bottle.
- Never put very hot liquids in the bottle as this will cause the outside of the bottle to heat up and
possibly burn you.
Volume markings accurate to 5%
Responsibly Made in China.
US and International Patents & Patents Pending